12 April 2011

Languages... Or Specifically, Italian :-)

So most of you know that I have a little thing for languages.  :-)  I love learning languages and teaching them too.  Which is why for the last week I have been hard on organizing online resources for my Spanish students.  Again, check out my other blog Spanish Practice to see the current results of that endeavor.

I just want to share an online resource that I discovered in the process that I have fallen in love with.  Last fall I had learned about StudyStack as a website to do free online flashcards.  Though it has a large variety of games to play with it I quickly found that I wasn't learning the Italian vocabulary from my Busuu units like I wanted to.  So when I stumbled across Quizlet I was like a kid in a candy shop!  That's seriously how much I geek out at language learning resources.  :-)

Here is an example of what Quizlet is like:




As you can see there are different modes you can set it on.  If you sign up for an account you can do a game called SpaceRace and create tests to take online with the flashcards.

I have been finding with these flashcards it has been forcing me to learn the Italian words I am studying much better than I ever did on StudyStack.  I have fallen in love with this resource and encourage everyone to check it out who is learning anything.  You can make flashcards on Quizlet for any situation and there are many ways to customize your flashcards and different learning modes as you use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment