06 June 2012

Moving

So I have been rather delinquent here, but I think with good reason!  For those of you who don't know we moved across town to a house that is a little better set up for a growing family.  It also has the added perk that Ben is now only 1.5 miles from work instead of 7!  So far we are loving the new house and are just praying fervently that God sends us a buyer for the old house.  We will be having the first open house for it on Sunday 1-3, so if you know anyone interested...

Moving with a baby is not fun, at least I did not view it as fun.  It might not have been soo bad, but we had some issues going into it (not real bad issues, but they still added stress!).  Basically Samuel is nursed most of the day and is to receive 3 bottles of fortified milk a day (and I get to pump pump pump...).  A few days before we started moving things is when the nursing issues started.  He used to nurse 25-30 minutes no problem, but had backed down to 20-25 minutes a few weeks before the move.  I take it as he has simply become more efficient at it because he seemed just as full.

Well a few days before the move I would spend an hour or more just to get him to go 15-20 minutes, which was quite unusual.  Normally we'd be done nursing in a half an hour then I would spend another half an hour getting him to burp.  At the time I thought it was just laziness because it is easier to eat from the bottle, but now I think it might have simply been my stress of moving playing out in his feeding ability, which a few days before the move I didn't think I was THAT stressed!

Anyways, so pretty much to sum up the move, I spent the time fighting with Sam to get him to nurse, getting practically no sleep, which made me really no fun to be around...  I was not especially nice to my husband the whole time and he was a saint to have put up with me!  Just proof that I have an extremely loving and gracious husband!  During the move I basically shut down and barricaded myself off from the world in a room with Sam.

Since that weekend I have slowly been unpacking our house, one box at a time.  I have made a small dent into the things that need to happen.  Also since that weekend Sam has taken of with nursing again and has been doing just fine!  We are all much more relaxed overall.  The only thing missing is Ben.  He's been spending all this time at the old house getting it ready that we don't see him much.  All the more reason I pray that house sells quickly!

Also with the move we didn't have internet until yesterday.  So now I am back on and can feel connected to the world again!  Over the next few days I am going to be writing different updates about different things that have been happening, other than the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment